Pixel King TTL Wireless Flash Trigger (Canon) Review

Out of the box, the package will come as described on the web:
King transmitter:1pc
King receiver:1pc
connecting cable(BL-1/2) :

1pc

connecting cable(BL-3.5) :

1pc

receiver holder :1pc
hot shoe protector :1pc
Instruction manual :

1pc

Plus a nice pouch

1pc


For the test, I am using:
1 body 7D.
1 lens Tokina 11-16mm
1 430 EX-II Flash
1 580 EX-II Flash
1 Pixel King Transmitter
2 Pixel King Receivers

Here are some pictures of the testing based on several external flash setup on the body:
1. The External Flash compensation
a. Set on -1











b. Set on 0 (normal)











c. Set on +1











As you can see, that on normal setup (0 compensation) my left flash failed to triggered.
Later on the last section, I will show how consistency is the firing.

2. Second curtain setup











On this setup, the flash fires twice. First on the shutter opening, the second was at the end of shutter. Just right after the closing.

3. First curtain setup











The flash on fires once at the opening of the shutter.
Noticed that overall, it will be darker than 2nd curtain setup.

4. Evaluative metering











5. Average metering











6. Consistency from 8 shots

































From this test, there are many result. This is due to one of my receiver that having inconsistency.
I mean BIG one. I have swap the flash and the batteries. Seems that really loss them.
I hope I still can get warranty from them.

For the build quality, they are exceptional. Far more better than the Pixel Knight.
But for my set, one of the receiver seems of having inconsistency issue.
I will need to try again next time using new batteries.

Will post more for different testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment